I dislike Oklahoma, but I HATE Texas. I’m not really sure why, but I do. Oklahomans hate Texans, it’s required. Yeah, yeah yeah everything’s bigger in Texas, BUT that doesn’t mean that Texans know how to play the great sport of football. Texas Sucks!
Yeah, I said it. And I’ll say it again. TEXAS SUCKS!
And yeah, Texas did beat Oklahoma last year, but Texas Tech beat Texas and Oklahoma beat Texas Tech. You still following me?
Sorry for the rant. I could go on, oh trust me I could go on. But I don’t have enough readers yet to be that controversial. So, I will say that Austin sounds like a lovely city and I would love to visit someday. But will I be wearing burnt orange. EFFFF no! I bleed Crimson and Cream.
Okay, that probably made no sense to anyone. I apologize, I will move on now to some random airport musings.
1. Honesty is the best policy. I had some over 4 ounce contact solution in my purse that I totally forgot about. I decided to just be honest and tell the TSA people about it and let them seize it. They appreciated my honesty so much that they did a special test to make sure the liquid was safe and let me take it on board. They probably would have done this either way, but I like to believe it was good karma. Hopefully I can behave in a positively karmic manner throughout the weekend so that I can keep my solution upon return to Oklahoma. That shiz is expensive!
2. The random hand-owner I mentioned in my last post happened to work for Freebird. Anyone know this burrito chain? And since he noticed that I was blogging he gave me 4 free burrito coupons and asked me to say something good about him on the blog. I’ll take your free burritos sir, but you’ll have to wait until I eat one before I say good about them. Peter was his name, and in non-burrito talk he was a cool dude. I will report back on my burrito love/hate if I happen to have the chance to taste said burritos. There is actually a Freebird in Norman, where I went to college, but the only time I tried to go the line was as long as Tommy Lee’s you-know-what. Too long for me, that’s for sure.
3. I rocked this solo flight. I was scurred. But here I am, independent WOMAN blogging on the plane.
4. We have 9:30 reservations at a place called Blue Fish (sushi) that, incidentally, Peter Freebird just recommended. I see happy eating in my future!
5. The man I sat next to on the plane had 5 kids ages 8 months to 11 years and he just turned 30 this month. That blows my mind!
And, without any proper transition, here are some pictures of our lovely hotel roo.
It’s beautiful! And I’m grifting some wi-fi right now. I’m about to get my sushi on!
Have a good Friday night ya’ll!
** This was supposed to publish last night… Ecto confuses me.