I wanted to start out the new year with my reflections of 2009. To be quite honest, this was one of the hardest years of my life, especially at the beginning. Most of it was stuff I never addressed on the blog, but I remember several times throughout the year telling myself that if I could only make it through this year then surely everything would be okay.
Well, I made it! And even though there were definitely some hard times, there were also a lot of good times in 2009! I want to focus on those and enter into the new year on a positive note.
I didn’t start blogging until mid-year, but some good things happened before that first post!
- I went to the Bahamas! My friend Megan and I have a tradition of taking vacations in January – which is what I’m doing right now It was a gorgeous island and even though I had to watch my Sooners lose the National Championship I had a great time.
- I had probably the best birthday of my life on January 18th. My family came downtown (where I was living at the time) and seriously brought the party. It was a blast! Below is the only picture I could find, but it gives you an idea of the fun that was had.
- Hmmm, nothing really stands out about this particular month. I was going to school and working full-time so I was pretty busy!
- I took control of my health and signed up for a gym membership and started to eat more healthfully. If I wouldn’t have taken this step, who knows where I would be today?
- I took a road trip with my SIL and ex-roommate to Chicago for the SIL’s wedding shower.
- I ran my first race ever! It was a 5K and I didn’t run it very fast, but it lit a fire in me to try to become a better runner. I haven’t been doing any running lately, but it’s still something I hope to incorporate into my life slowly.
- I started the blog!!!
- I graduated college and my wonderful ex-roommate Taylor helped throw me an amazing surprise party.
- I enjoyed the summer.
- I went to bachelorette party for a wedding I was to be in.
- I visited my friend Victoria in Dallas and went to my very first Whole Foods ever!
- Celebrated my lovely friend Taylor’s birthday.
- Celebrated my beloved brother’s 30th birthday.
- Went to Virginia Beach.
- I had my first experience with raw cuisine and spotted a famous blogger.
- I survived a treacherous drive in an Oklahoma blizzard and had a safe and happy Christmas.
Well, that was fun! I definitely ended the year healthier, lighter and happier than I was when I entered it.
Tomorrow I’ll have another post about my hopes for 2010. I hope you are enjoying the new year!
1. What is one great memory you have from 2009?
2. What are you most looking forward to in 2010?