FIVE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MYSELF:
- I’m a darn good listener.
- I never settle for less than what I know I deserve.
- My drive and determination.
- I’m a low-maintenance gal and can get ready for anything in less than 30 minutes. (This is especially handy when I wake up an hour late when I planned to wake up an hour early…)
- Even though I’m old now, I still have some mad skills on the dance floor. At least, I like to think so
FIVE THINGS I’D LIKE TO WORK ON:
- Giving back. I wrote about this in my NYR post, but it still applies.
- Eating more vegetables and less cake. Okay, not really less cake. But more vegetables would be good. It’s been awhile.
- Writing more and from the heart. Not necessarily on the blog, but writing is a passion that I don’t want to lose.
- Losing control – being spontaneous – planning less. Three things, one general idea.
TOP TEN EXPERIENCES OF MY FIRST QUARTER CENTURY:
- My childhood with my grandparents. I can’t pick one memory, but they were everything to me growing up. I couldn’t have asked for more loving, adorable, admirable people to call Grandma and Grandpa. I cherish them.
- Getting to be the Cleopatra to my biggest crush’s Marc Antony in our 2nd grade play. He may still just be the one that got away
- Hosting pool parties and garage dance parties throughout middle school, before everyone started drinking and acting out. I miss the age of innocence.
- Finally graduating high school and moving out of my small town. As much as I appreciate my upbringing, I knew I was meant to move on and couldn’t wait to start my life in the “real” world.
- Falling in love for the first time my freshman year of college. It may have ended it heartache, but your first love is special. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
- Finding a group of true friends in college. It’s a small group, but a good one.
- Learning to love my parents as real people with real flaws who would do anything for me.
- Growing closer to my brother, and forming a wonderful friendship with his wife. Attending their Hawaiian wedding was right up there as well.
- Traveling to Mexico (thrice), Hawaii, the Bahamas, Vegas (twice), Chicago, Florida (twice) and Baltimore – just to name the most notable vacations.
- Coming into my own, learning to love myself and finding true happiness. (This wouldn’t have been possible without this blog or you, my beloved and amazing readers, so consider the blog one of my top 10 experiences as well!)
FIVE EXCITING THINGS TO COME:
- More running. A half mary in the near future, a full in the distant horizon and many more races in between.
- Cultivating current relationships and starting up new ones.
- More travel! One trip is set in stone, one is pending and hopefully many others I have yet to dream up.
- Realizing my full potential. I’ve had 25 years to figure myself out – now it’s time to make the most of what I’ve got.
- MOVING TO WASHINGTON, D.C.!!!!! (or somewhere close).
I suck at keeping secrets. More information to come!