Life is about to get crazy around these parts! I’m trying to soothe my OCD/Type AAA/Psychotic Planner self by realizing that everything will be fun and work out exactly the way it’s supposed to. Still, my brain is a bit frazzled!
Allow me to elaborate (this is solely for my own benefit, but humor me if you’re bored enough.)
If I could just find out what is going to happen with my move and when my actual move date will be, all would be well, but that doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen anytime soon.
In the meantime, I’ve got a lot on the proverbial plate.
- Get my car looked at because it’s being awkward. Should get this done today hopefully.
- Fix my wonky vision insurance claim that is causing me more grief than it’s worth.
- Attend a country concert on Friday at a crazy country bar without obtaining any sort of hang over, because…
- Gotta run 10 miles on Saturday with Lisa
- Sunday is an all-day work sesh at the running store, as we’re hosting the Run Lucky 5K for which almost 1,000 people have already signed up!! (Should be a fun event OKC peeps – free food and beer!)
- The following week I have to cook breakfast for everyone at the office (anyone have any amazing breakfast casserole recipes?)
- Then that weekend Lisa and I will be heading to Ardmore, OK for the A2A Half Marathon!
- The next weekend I’ll be leaving for D.C. to scout out apartments!! Hopefully this trip will allow me to get the ball rolling on finalizing a move date. Fingers crossed!!
- I’ll be working at the running store a lot in April. Partly because they’re going to be really busy, partly because I’ll need to save up money for the move and partly because I’m going to miss it when I go.
- The first weekend is the store’s one year anniversary (!!) so there will be a lot of fun events surrounding that.
- My friend Victoria’s birthday is also in April, and I’d like to make a trip down there to visit her if at all possible.
- Oh yeah, and I have to pay my first born in taxes in April. That will be awesome.
- The RedBud Classic, a huge running event in OKC, is the second weekend in April which will require lots of work at the running store.
- The following weekend, McNellie’s is hosting a Pub Run that I personally really hope to participate in. It’s a 4-mile race wherein you chug a pint of Guiness after each mile. Yessss.
- Then the following weekend is the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. This was the race in which I ran my very first half marathon last year. Sadly, this year I think I’ll only be spectating as it’s likely I’ll be moving around that timeframe (although, who knows). I’ll also be helping out at the expo for the running store and most likely working during the actual race. This is fine with me, because I think it is such a wonderful event and I’m happy to be involved in any way that I can. I’ll definitely come back and run sometime in the future. It’s a great race.
- There’s also a music festival that weekend that I’d really like to attend, but I don’t know if there will be time. Sad.
And that’s as far out as I can plan.
My lease at my current apartment runs out on May 4th, but I have no idea when I’ll be leaving Oklahoma City.
I honestly wouldn’t mind having a few more months before I leave, as I’m getting really sad about leaving everyone behind. I’m just eager to know the details, whatever they may be.
For example, I’m in a wedding in Mexico in June but I can’t book the airfare because I don’t know where I’ll be living in June. There are good deals out of both cities, but I don’t want to book one and end up being in the wrong city.
I’d actually like to fly back to OKC and leave from here if possible, because my dad’s birthday will be at the same time and I hate the thought of not being around for my family member’s birthdays.
I think I need to get some sort of airline credit card ASAP, as I foresee a lot of homesick trips back to O-City after the move. I’m so unorganized when it comes to getting points for flying and all that stuff. It all seems so complicated!
Really, I need to just stop with the planning and learn to be more flexible. But… that’s probably not going to happen.
I am who I am and who I am is a crazy planner freak. I still love me. Hope ya’ll do too.
Ahhh, I feel better now. Holding all that information in the old cabesa was driving me crazy!
Do you have any delicious breakfast casserole recipes for me?
Do you use frequent flyer programs? Any tips?
Do you have any big upcoming plans?
Do you think I’m a crazy person? I think we can all agree that the answer to that question is yes