I am reeling from a fast-paced weekend of awesomeness right now. Visitors rock. I wish I could have guests all the time.
Let’s back up though and just go through some highlights, shall we?
TOP THREE THURSDAY
1. Meeting up with Sana – one of my true faves in the blog world.
She was kind enough to hang out with me with I was waiting for my friend to arrive late at BWI. We shopped at Target. I have a weakness, let’s leave it at that…
2. Later on, Megan joined in on the fun.
3. Taylor arrived! She got in Super late Thursday night so we stayed in for the evening. It was like we were roommates again.
TOP FOUR FRIDAY
1. I was granted a comp day at work, so I spent the day with Taylor doing tourist things.
Gotta stick to my roots…
2. Sushi at Sushi Rock in Arlington. Good. You should go there.
3. Finally got to enjoy the patio at Front Page in Arlington.
4. I friended a new favorite bartender. I think we’re going to have many happy times.
TOP SIX SATURDAY
1. My dad and stepmom arrived in DC!
2. Pizza and beers at Rustico. Gooood.
3. Georgetown for the first time!
4. Dinner at Tony & Joe’s since all the other restaurants I really wanted to go to were either flooded or burned down. It was okay.
5. The main event was watching people act like fools on the huge yachts on the waterfront.
TOP SEVEN SUNDAY
1. Tour bussin’ it. Watch out for low-hanging branches.
2. Taking endless pictures in front of the monuments.
3. Lunch at the Old Ebbitt Grill. My watermelon salad was terrific, but I’ll be taking people back over and over for the crab and artichoke dip and clam chowder. Unreal.
4. Randomly happening upon Jo Dee Messina rehearsing. Homegirl can sing.
5. Drinks at Union Station. I couldn’t believe how pretty it was.
6. The White House. It gets me every time.
7. Best dinner of 2011.
TOP FOUR ON THE FOURTH
1. Awesome weather to enjoy one more afternoon of sight seeing.
2. Faux campfire s’mores – which were actually a better idea in theory, but made for good entertainment.
3. Spending so much time with the people I love.
4. Oooooh. Aaaaaah. Definitely the prettiest fireworks I’ve ever seen.
What were the tops of the top of your weekend?