Sorry if I gave too much away in my BL musings this a.m. I often forget that some people have the episodes waiting on their DVRs. Sorry if I gave anything away!
Breakfast today was a return to my beloved smoothie. I didn’t take a picture but you know how it do.
Work went by quite slowly this morning because I was anxious for lunch with my Dad, Brother and SIL. Gotta love free food and family I didn’t take any pics (sorry, they still think it’s weird…) but I got a black bean veggie burger with broccoli salad and it was delicious. I brought half the burger back to the office so I could show it to you.
I should have asked for an unbuttered whole wheat bun, but I was too wrapped up in catching up with my fam and forgot. It was delicious though, white carbs and butter included. I did ask for no chipotle ranch and just had it dry. The black bean patty was so flavorful and spicy that it really didn’t need any sauce. Look at the chunks of beany goodness.
I truly love a veggie burger from the bottom of my heart. I like them SOOO much more than I ever enjoyed meat burgers. A restaurant immediately gets 2 thumbs up from me when they include a veggie burger on the menu.
I was stuffed after this meal, but when presented with a new food trying experience, I grabbed the opportunity by the balls.
Hehe, or it looks like I did anyways. Our office manager brought in some fresh dates for everyone to try. I actually waited a few hours before eating them because I was so full, but once I did try them I really liked them!
They had the texture of an apple and tasted like a cross between an apple and grass, haha. I did some googling and discovered that I had actually eaten an under ripe date, but I still liked it! The following pic is just to give you an idea about the size of the date.
Other than those dates, I was simply too full from lunch to have any other snacks at work. I headed straight to yoga and had another awesome practice that really brightened my day.
Something else that brightened my day today – receiving this Kreativ Blogger award from Taylor of Joy of Food.
As part of this lovely award, I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. So here goes:
1. My eyes are different sizes. It’s very noticeable and I used to be self conscious about it, but now I don’t really care.
2. I get a weird pleasure out of finding and plucking gray hairs. Yes, I’m 23 and already getting grays.
3. Even though my food pics don’t really show it, I used to be really into photography – mainly sports photography. I took the football photos for the town paper and the yearbook all through High School, and was the photo editor of my college paper for a semester.
4. I peed my pants in first grade. I was in line to ask to go to the bathroom but was too scared to go without permission. So I wee weed all over myself and everyone laughed. I grew up with those kids for the next 12 years and they always remembered.
5. I am a terrible driver.
6. I’m really awkward around small children – I just don’t know what to say to them. I hope this goes away when I have my own.
7. I call my Mom every night before bed.
And now I am supposed to nominate 7 fellow bloggers for this lovel award. I’m going to go with 7 of the blogs I’ve found and loved most recently since it’s just too hard to pick from all of you.